Secret #3 – Keys to successfully taking action
How often do you say this:
“I keep going no matter what!”
Secrets to successfully taking action
1. Schedule it
2. Allow enough time for each action
3. Get Support
4. Keep it super positive.
Pro tip: Use your project management and organisational powers that you use everyday at work and apply them to your personal goals and projects.
- Schedule in time each week to work exclusively on your goal and actions
- Book in enough time to one action done at a time
- Use tools like a spreadsheet or project management tool like ASANA to prioritise your actions and work through them in a logical order
- Get Support – find a career coach to support you, find an accountability partner to check-in with weekly,join a mastermind or find a mentor. Get the right level of support for the goal you are progressing with to help create your own cheersquad that is always on your side and keeping you accountable to getting those actions done.
- Keep it super positive.Celebrate small wins and surround yourself with positive inspiration.
- What is the first thing you see or hear in the morning?
- What is the first thing you see when you walk in the door?
- What is the first thing you do when you get to your desk?
Create a routine that incorporates positivity from podcasts to the music you listen to, the art work at your home, the inspirational quote on a sticky-note at your desk or the gratitude journal you write in every morning. Find little ways to shift and support your mood and keep you in the best frame of mind to achieving your goal.
Want more on goal setting, watch this Facebook live to get more thoughts on how to progress your goal and close out those actions.