Is your team leading the way?
Is your team disrupting or being disrupted?
If yes, then this learning note is for you! It will provide you with some great tips for inspiring your team to take more risks, disrupt more, be open to failure and learning?
Key Learning Points
- nurture talent
- nurture ideas and change
- create safety nets
- focus on learning and achievement
- create a sense of purpose
- let go of old stories of punishment
- create new stories of how failure will be responded to
Fail, fail, fail and then learn!
Failure is the only option when first trying to create something truly awesome!
Ask yourself (and your team):
- What would you like to brainstorm?
- What other ideas do you have?
- What does experience teach your about this change / new idea?
- What does your inner wisdom say about it?
- How you can unlock that learning?
- What story are you telling that is holding your team back?
- What could a new story look like?
- What needs to change to make this story a reality?
- What words would you like to use less of to describe your team? (i.e.: ‘dead wood’, ‘cut the fat’, ‘idiots’, ‘lazy’, etc)
- What words could use more of? (i.e.: ‘untapped talent’, ‘hidden gems’, ‘stars in the making’, ‘genius’, ‘inspired’, ‘open’, ‘fun’, ‘energised’)
- What would you like to be known for as a team?
- What behaviours do you want to be known for?
What will you do today to make failure an option?
I’d love to hear from you, how do you encourage your team to take risks and deal with failure positively?
Let me know by commenting here. I love hearing your ideas and read every comment.