Is your mindset holding you back?
If yes, then this learning note is for you! It will provide you with an easy way to shift your mindset. I use it all the time.
Getting crystal clear on what you are aiming to do next is tough if your work and headspace is full of noise and confusion.
Use these super simple techniques to help shift into the best possible mindset to get crystal clear on your next career move.
Key Learning Prompts
- Use an open and curious mindset to support you to positively move towards your next job move
- Learn ways to create and maintain an open and curious mindset
- Check-in with your inner ‘noise’
- Note down when you speak to yourself negatively and ask yourself ‘What is happening for me right now?’
- Know your triggers
- Create mindset re-sets that work for you when you need a quick shift
I have had a lot of de-programming to do over the years. Some of this was from family or TV (I’m Gen X, there was no instagram in the ‘90s) and some of it was from companies I worked for.
Sometimes corporate speak – ‘cut the fat’, ‘lift and shift’, ‘evangelist’, ‘dead wood’, ‘resources’, ‘lackey’, ‘yes-man’, ‘blocker’, ‘master’, ‘servant-leadership’ – when taken out of our context is just kind of creepy (ok, I want to say gothic or colonial or oligarchy but creepy kinda just covers it for now).
It seeps into our DNA.
It can be a form of aggression that we are not even aware of.
To write a book, to start a business was to overcome a lifetime of programming – being taught a government job was safest, that the way to get ahead was to wear a power suit and have super BIG hair (hello 80’s ladies!!) while working for a CORPORATION and that speaking up is a CLM (Career Limiting Move).
I have lots of techniques I use to ‘trick’ myself out of these robotic ways of operating and to help me be more open and curious.
This is the key mindset that helps me to be creative and stay true to myself. It helps me to apply for jobs, ask for a promotion, ask for a pay rise, build a business and write a book (and so much more!!)
Keep reading below for some simple prompts to help you with your own de-programming. This will help you to stay open so that you can get crystal clear on what YOU MOST WANT to do next.
Activity – Create your own beautiful Mindset Re-set list
What you say in your head matters.
Create a list of five positives to read through when your old negative thoughts and stories are overwhelming you.
Can’t think of five positives?
Here are some ideas to prompt you:
- List down 5 of your top strengths
- Write down 3 reasons why you are great at your job
- Reflect on all of your achievements and create a best of list
- Note down any affirmations that always shift your mood instantly
- Contemplate what you are most grateful for, write it down!
Choose five of the best AND WRITE THEM DOWN!
Have it handy when you need it most. (Tip: Add it into your notes app or write them on a post-it and stick the post-it on your mirror.)
If you add to this list weekly (especially with any positive feedback you get) you will create something that is truly beautiful and 100% just for you.
You deserve to be happy!
You are worth so much more!
I believe in you!